City University High Achiever Scholarship
City U High Achiever Scholarships are freshmen scholarships provided to identify and support outstanding Malaysian students who demonstrate academic excellence, high intellectual capacity, sound character, strong leadership potential and a passion for creativity and innovation.
Tenure of the Scholarship: One Year
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship values are at the sole discretion of City University. The scholarship will be disbursed via a waiver of tuition fees charged by City University as and when these fees become due and payable. Although the scholarship is for one year, the applicants are required to submit the certified true copies of their academic results transcript and their contribution to City University at the end of every semester.
- The scholarship is based on ACTUAL examination results.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a student of City University and pay full enrolment fee to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. All fees paid are non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of the scholarship awarded.
- Scholarships are only applicable for those who have completed SPM / STPM in November 2019 and O Levels / A Levels in May / June 2019, November 2019 and January 2020.
- A Level result will be equal to a value of an A o rA + in SPM
- Those who have completed SPM / STPM or O-Levels / A- Level prior to the effective date of (4) above, will be considered on a case to case basis.
- The scholarship criteria is only applicable for students joining the January, March/April and May 2019 intakes.
- For applicants joining September 2020, the scholarship will only be awarded on a case by case basis based on the availability of funds.
- Successful applicants must be committed to participate in activities that foster cross-cultural awareness within City University and local community.
Retention of the Scholarship
- The student must maintain full-time enrolment & successfully complete the program.
- The student must maintain at least 85% or more attendance in lecturers and tutorials for each subject.
- The student must maintain a minimum academic achievement of GPA 2.85 and CGPA 3.0 for Diploma / Foundation and Degree respectively for each semester over a minimum of 4 subjects.
- The student must maintain a minimum of 42 contribution hours (long semesters) of his / her time to assist the faculty.