Diploma in Mass Communication
To provide learners with both pedagogical and technical skills needed to focus in using electronic media in Mass Communication whilst incorporating the fundamental theories of mass communication field.
Duration of Study
Journalist, Advertising Executive, Public Relations Officer, Event Management Specialist, Producer
- Passed SPM or equivalent, with at least 3 credits in any subject, including English; or
- Passed the Malaysian High School Certificate (STPM) or equivalent, with a minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in any subject and credit in English at the SPM level or equivalent; or
- Passed the Malaysian Higher Certificate of Religion (STAM) with at least Grade Maqbul and credit in English at SPM level or equivalent; or
- Passed SKM Level 3 and pass SPM with credit in English; or
- Certificate or equivalent and get credit in English at the SPM level or its equivalent; or
- Certificates in Media and Communication or equivalent
The English credit terms at the SPM level for candidates (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) may be exempted if the qualifications comprise English subjects and their achievement equivalent / more than the credit requirements of the subject at the SPM level.
Additional Requirement for International Students - English
- For International Students: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 500 OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 5.0 OR equivalent is required