Diploma in Hotel Management
The hospitality and tourism industries in Malaysia contributed more than RM70bil in national income in 2016. As our industry moves from being skills-based to a more knowledge-based industry, you will need a minimum qualification to access these top jobs.
Duration of Study
Junior, middle and higher managerial positions in the front and back-of-house from a Sales & Marketing Manager to Human Resource to Food & Beverage Managers.
- Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent to earning at least a credit in 3 subjects ; OR
- Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a minimum of 1 credit and Certificate of Grade 3 Skills (SKM) ; OR
- Passed Certificate (Level 3 MOH) in relevant field at least CGPA 2.0 ; OR
- Passed the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least B grade in three (3) subjects ; OR
- Passed O-Level with at least Grade C in three (3) subjects ; OR
- Passed Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) (Level 3 MOH) in relevant field and passed SPM with at least one credit in one (1) subject ; OR
- Passed Certificate from Community College (Level 3 MOH) in related field and pass SPM with at least Grade C (NGMP 2.0) in one (1) subject ; OR
- Passed STPM or equivalent with at least a grade C (CGPA 2.00) in one (1) subject ; OR
- Passed STAM (Maqbul rank) ; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian government.
Additional Requirement for International Students - English
- FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS :
IELTS 4.0 / CEFR A2 ; OR equivalent TOEFL PBT (397) ; OR TOEFL IBT (30-31) ; OR CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance) / CEFR B2 ; OR CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency) / CEFR C1 ; OR PTE (Pearson Test of English) (30) ; OR MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 2)