Faculty of Education & Liberal Sciences
Bachelor of Education (Hons) in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
(R2/811/6/0090) (MQA/FA 0624) 05/2029
The programme aims to produce eloquent professionals in English who are well-versed with issues in TESL, exposing them to the most effective current methods and technologies in the field of Second Language Acquisition (SLA), and to produce graduates with leadership skills and a committed sense of social responsibility. The graduates are also exposed to linguistics, literature and pedagogy as well as a foreign language such as Mandarin or French. A compulsory practicum in government aided schools around Petaling Jaya is required in order to graduate.
Contact us to find out more about the programme and the scholarships offered.
- Mode: Full & Part Time
- Duration: 36 months
- Credit Hours: 122
- Scholarships Available
- Intake: Jan/Feb, May/June, Sept/Oct
- Course in Petaling Jaya campus
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Introduction to Literature
- Critical Thinking
- Phonetics & Phonology
- Teachers and Current Challenges
- Morphology & Syntax
- Educational Psychology
- English For Employment
- Language Teaching Methodologies
- Classroom Management
*(not limited to)
- i) Matriculation/Foundation – minimum CGPA of 2.0 in relevant fields as recognized by the MOHE or or equivalent
- ii) DVM / DKM / DLKM – passed in relevant fields and undergo a screening and bridging programme
- iii) Diploma – minimum CGPA of 2.0 in relevant field or or equivalent
- iv) A-Levels – Grade D in two subject or or equivalent
- v) UEC – minimum of 5 B’s.
- vi) STPM – Grade C (GPA 2.0) in two subject or or equivalent
- vii) STAM – minimum grade of Jayyid.
- viii) 12 years of schooling – passed the exit qualification in the country of origin.
For International Students
IELTS 4.0 or equivalent