Faculty of Creative Industries
Foundation in Arts (Fashion Design)
(R2/010/3/0084) (MQA/FA 1998) 07/2027
A Foundation in Arts (Fashion Design) is a preparatory programme that can give you the skills needed to successfully complete an undergraduate degree. This introductory study of fashion design can help you better understand the qualities and skills needed to be successful in the fashion industry. You may get hands-on experience manufacturing clothing alongside courses designed to help you better manage your time while at the university. You may gain a variety of skills during this programme, such as effective communication, portfolio development and drawing techniques. Not only will these abilities help you succeed in an undergraduate degree programme, but they can also serve you well in your career.
Contact us to find out more about the programme and the scholarships offered.
- Mode: Full Time
- Duration: 12 months
- Credit Hours: acf field=”credit_hours”]
- Scholarships Available
- Intake: Jan/Feb, May/June, Sept/Oct
- Course in Petaling Jaya
- Professional Communication
- Foundation English
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Fashion History
- Introduction to Textile
- Basic Figure Drawing
- Introduction to Fashion Design
- Basic Pattern Drafting Techniques Introduction to Garment Sampling
*(not limited to)
- Pass SPM/SPMV with 5 Credits in any subject.
- Pass O-Level with 5 Credits in any subjects.
- 3B’s in UEC.
For International Students
- 10-11 years of schooling, which is the exit qualification in the country of origin with 5 credits in any subject.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.