Faculty of Creative Industries
Doctor of Philosophy in Design
(N/214/8/0023) (MQA/PA 9557) 05/2026
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Design is aimed at exploring new ideas, approaches and procedures to the theories and practices of creative design and media. Critically and creatively armed with the ability to think beyond norms, anchored with powerful research methods in design and procedures, this programme critically challenges student’s minds to make significant and original contributions to the existing body of knowledge or as new knowledge.
Contact us to find out more about the programme and the scholarships offered.
- Mode: Full & Part Time
- Duration: 36 months
- Credit Hours: 80
- Scholarships Available
- Intake: Jan/Feb, May/June, Sept/Oct
- Course in Petaling Jaya
- Research Methods 1: Qualitative & Quantitative
- Idea Paper
- Preliminary Literature Review & Draft Proposal
- Draft Proposal
- Finalise Research Proposal
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Prepare Final Draft Thesis for Examination
- Amended Final Thesis / Thesis Accepted
*(not limited to)
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent AND candidates must have completed at least ONE (1) of their earlier Degrees (Master’s or Bachelor’s) in Art & Design or related field.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a non-related field as approved by HEP Senate and does not have related working experience, can be accepted, subject to passing pre-requisite courses.
For International Students
IELTS 5.5 or equivalent