Post Graduate Research Scholarship
The Post-Graduate Research Scholarship is offered to suitable applicants who are enrolling in postgraduate research program in City University.
Value of Scholarship
Up to 100% tuition fee waiver for the minimum candidature period of the program. Other fees are payable in full.
- Applicants shall possess a Bachelor’s degree with Honours with a minimum of 2nd Upper Class or its equivalent.
- Applicants must meet all prevailing academic and language requirements.
- Applicants must be a full time postgraduate (by research) student registered at City University.
- Applicants must be recommended by the respective school responsible for the supervision and assessment of the candidate’s postgraduate studies.
Retention of the Scholarship
- Submission of satisfactory progress reports at the end of every semester.
- Recipients are to assist their school as teaching/research assistanst during the duration of their study.
- Recipients are required to attend and tutor for at least three (3) subjects per academic semester of Bachelor and/or Masters study accordingly and / or not exceeding commitment hours required by City University during the Recipients’ study duration. Alternatively, the Recipients can opt to supervise 3 students at Masters Level for their Project papers; from the beginning to completion (applicable for those under Post- doctoral programs).
- Recipients must meet minimum performance requirement as determined by the Centre of Postgraduate Studies every semester. This would be assessed by the Head of Centre and Academic Department who would them make a recommendation to continue the scholarship or otherwise.
- Publication of research in International Indexed Journals is required for the recipient:
a.Master degree program – 1 journal publication
b.PhD program – 3 journal publications.
c.Note: The cost of 1st 2 publications will be borne by the Students under their respective studies requirements and the cost for the remainder publications will be borne by City University.
- Recipients will be required to possess an approved Teaching Permit from the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) under City University and the fee for the Teaching Permit Registration is to be borne by the Recipients.
- The Recipients shall not undertake any employment not relating to his/her training program, whether paid or otherwise, during his/her course of studies, without prior written approval of City University Registrar. The Recipients will not engage himself / herself in any political, commercial or other activities incompatible with his / her program of studies.
- Recipients who do not meet the conditions above could have their scholarship withdrawn after the issuance of a warning letter.