Faculty of Hospitality & Tourism
Diploma in Culinary Arts
(R2/811/4/0264) (A 11542) 11/2025
This programme will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to underpin the creation, preparation and cooking of local and international cuisines. Food preparation and food service classes are conducted in our purpose-built kitchen and Aida Brasserie to reinforce the learning curve in a realistic work environment.
Contact us to find out more about the programme and the scholarships offered.
- Mode: Full Time
- Duration: 36 months
- Credit Hours: 90
- Scholarships: Available
- Intake: Jan/Feb, May/June, Sept/Oct
- Course in Petaling Jaya
- Garde Manger
- Malaysian Cuisine
- Basic Food Procurement
- Basic Pastry and Bakery (P)
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Menu Planning and Analysis
- Human Nutrition
- Restaurant and Food Service Operations
- Food & Beverage Management
- Restaurant Accounting
*(not limited to)
- SPM/O-Levels: 3 credits in any subjects or its equivalent.
- SKM (Level 3, MQF): relevant fields and undergo a screening and bridging programme.
- Certificate (Level 3, MQF): minimum CGPA of 2.0 in relevant field or its equivalent.
- Senior Middle 3 UEC: minimum of 3 B’s.
- STPM: Grade C (GPA 2.0) in any subject or its equivalent.
- STAM: minimum grade of Maqbul.
- 10-11 years of schooling: exit qualification in the country of origin with 3 credits.
For International Students
IELTS 4.0 or equivalent