Faculty of Architecture & Built Environment
Doctor of Philosophy in Built Environment
(N/0730/8/0002) (MQA/PA 16031) 09/2027
The Doctor of Philosophy in Built Environment programme represents a key stepping-stone for further improvement and promotions in graduate’s career. Such will help increase the number of researchers and inventors in Architectural and Built Environment industry. As our Doctor Philosophy’s programme progresses and gains momentum, it will contribute to strengthening our nation’s international competitiveness in the above mentioned four key pillars and NKEA, which will in turn enhance Malaysia’s strong influence and leadership amongst ASEAN countries.
The proposed programme has received positive feedbacks from the participating organisations. The programme is assessed to have high relevancy to industries related to sports and recreation that would produce future graduates with the mettle, competency and qualification highly in demand. The participating industry span across from educational institutions, construction industry, research and design, sustainable design guideline, architectural firm, and urban planning industry.
Contact us to find out more about the programme and the scholarships offered.
- Mode: Full & Part Time
- Duration: 36 months
- Credit Hours: 80
- Scholarships Available
- Intake: Jan/Feb, May/June, Sept/Oct
- Course in Petaling Jaya
- Advanced Designer Urbanism & Architecture
- Community Architecture and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Collaborative Design
- Architectural Theory and Urban Studies
- Professional Practice Architect and Law
- Architectural Research Methods
- Integrated Technology and Environment
- BIM Coordination and Management
*(not limited to)
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent AND candidates must have completed at least ONE (1) of their earlier Degrees (Architecture / Built Environment) or related field.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a non-related field as approved by HEP Senate and does not have related working experience, can be accepted, subject to passing pre-requisite courses.
For International Students
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.